Friday, August 23, 2013

Firebreaher Challenge

What an absolutely fun event, exhausting, but fun. This was completely out of my comfort zone, but something I wanted to try and I am SO glad I did.

The Firebreather Challenge consists of an 6 miles obstacle/trail race. It was held in our neck of the woods on a mountain biking trail. There were numerous obstacles and 2 crossfit WODs (workout of the day). We ran through the woods, river, and mud to complete this 6 mile course. The two WODs consisted of burpees, sand bag carries, sit-ups, and sled pulls along with other obstacles through the course.

We competed with our crossfit box and our dear friends Andrew and Nicole. Thankful Nicole participated as we pushed each other to finish the race.

Overall I finished 269 out of 701..not too shabby!


 BEFORE!!!!!

 
AFTER!!!!!

 
 
And yes the nasty bruises for proof!
 


1 comment:

donna said...

Rockstars!!! So inspiring.