Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Remembering my grandma...9.11.05

Its been 3 years since my grandma and best friend left this earth.  3 years ago Katrina hit New Orleans, the place my grandma called home for a good portion of her life. Watching the news and hearing all the stories was hard on my grandma.  It was like a part of her died during those first few weeks. We knew she wasn't feeling well, but we never expected her to go so suddenly. I remember the call from my mom, I dropped to the floor and cried. My grandma was my best friend, always willing to lend an ear or even shoulder for support. I only hope she felt the same way about me. I still miss her dearly and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish she was still here. She watched me graduate from college, get married, but she missed the news and birth of A & E. Its hard without her here.  This post is in honor of her memory. Life goes on, but we sure do miss you Grandma Jeanne.

grandma

23 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh look at that beautiful woman, and the beautiful smile she brought to her granddaughter-bride's face.

So sorry for your loss.

Keep her memory alive.

Karen said...

Katie, what a touching post and a wonderful photo of you and your grandmother.

debi9kids said...

Oh Katie! Such a beautiful post about your beautiful relationship.

Lori said...

Oh, I felt the same exact way about my grandmother and she died in Oct 2004. I always mourn that week myself. It must be esp hard for you with 2 other tragedies that happened around the same time. So sorry, Katie :(

karen richardson said...

Ahhh, that made me cry! What a beautiful post about your Grandma and a beautiful picture of you both. Grandmas are SO special! One of my grandmothers passed away a few months before I conceived the boys. I was so sad that she didn't live long enough to hear the news of my pregnancy and get to meet my sweet babies. She was a prayer warrior - continually praying for us and for our infertility struggle. I am comforted knowing we will see her again in heaven. What a sweet post!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh katie, i am positive that your grandma is incredibly proud of you! lots of hugs coming your way.

BuckeyeBundle said...

What a beautiful post for what sounds like a beautiful wonderful person. I think it is so sweet that you were so close to your Grandmother. Although she never met A&E in person, I'm sure she has been watching over them and is so proud of you! Here's to your Grandmother! *hugs*

Sara said...

What a beautiful lady she was. I can tell that you really loved her. You were blessed to have her in your life for so long. What a nice tribute to her.

monica said...

That brought tears to my eyes! Very touching! I am very close to my grandma and wouldn't know what to do without her here with me. I am so sorry.

Tonya Staab said...

Oh Katie, my heart breaks for you. I'm sure she felt the same way. Big hugs to you.

cat said...

It is so hard to loose those special people in our lives but they continue to "live" in our memories and hearts.

BTW - you were a gorgeous bride.

Harris Boys said...

thanks guys. I really appreciate all the kind words. today is a very hard day and I wanted to share how speical my grandma was to not only me, but everyone in my family too. She is deeply missed!

SouthernDogwoods said...

What a pretty lady! And what a wonderful Grandma. I am so sorry for your loss but so glad you have such wonderful memories!

Gwen Papp said...

Oh Katie, what a sweet post. My grandpa died 3.18.04 and I miss him every day. I am so sad that he never got to meet my daughters, and didn't get to dance with me at my wedding. I know it's hard to lose them when they're so close.

The Synnott's said...

what a thoughtful post. you both look beautiful and knwo she is looking down on you and loving every minute

Elyse said...

Katie-your grandma looks like a sweet lady. I am so glad she brought years of joy to you and I am sorry for her loss. What a wonderful post!
~Elyse~

Linda said...

What a beautiful photo and homage to her. Prayers to you and her today.

Anonymous said...

Miss you Grandma Jeanne! You were the truest blessing to my Cash family.

We will always love you!

Love you too KK!

Katie said...

That was so beautiful, Katie!! And such a completely gorgeous photo of the both of you. She was so lucky to have such an adoring granddaughter! Grandmothers are truly the greatest gift.

PaPa Cash said...

Hey Grammy...how are Oreo, Rosie and Spike doin'...I know you are all together having a good ole time...miss you so very, very much...

Joelle Turner said...

What a beautiful picture of the two of you! I'm so glad you had her in your life. Grandmas are so special, we are driving 16 hours to visit mine this weekend, she and my Pop haven't met the girls yet!

SaraBelle said...

Such a beautiful post and a beautiful picture. I'm sorry for your loss.

Sara

Rachel AKA Pixie4199 said...

God bless. I miss my Gram so much and she passed 8 years ago. I hear her laugh in my heart all the time.

HUGS