Lots going on around our house these days. Boys are in school three days a week and I’m in school the other 2 days. I feel like we spend a lot of time in the car driving back and forth from school. I started my last round of field experience before TOSS in the fall. TOSS is the semester before student teaching, it will give me a better look at teaching, but without all the responsibility that student teaching will bring. Luckily I was placed at an elementary school right down the road from the boys school. I’ll be tutoring once a week for 2 hours for the remainder of the semester. I plan to have a awesome summer with the boys before my life gets really, really busy..from what I’ve heard TOSS is insanely busy. I can’t wait!!!!
Andrew and Ethan are doing so great at school, they are learning so much..it amazes me how much their little minds can absorb, they really are like little sponges at this age. They are at a Christian pre-k, and the other day before lunch the boys told me they needed to stand behind their chairs and pray. It was the sweetest little prayer and really melted my heart. I caught it on video, but unfortunately I can’t seem to find a way to transfer video off my IPhone onto here? I’m helping with their Valentine's day party at school on the 14th, I’m in charge of the craft for the day. I guess this is a glimpse of what I get to look forward to when they start elementary school.
Yesterday we went with my parents and sister to the Center for Puppetry Arts in downtown Atl, (about 30 mins from our houses). My mom had bought a groupon (we are all addicted) for half off admission to a show, tour, and craft. We decided to see “there’s a dinosaur in the closet” it was really cute and kept the boys attention. Afterwards we toured the center and saw all the Jim Henson puppets and then the boys made their very own dinosaurs…Ethan named his “Mr. Ethan” and Andrew said his was rocky, like the dinosaur in the show. Their dinosaurs were a little hungry and needed to stop for some leaves on the way to the car!
E + A
Performing for us
3 comments:
In response to your comment....actually is was just down the road at rope mill park where the mountain bike trails are! We had fun, we found LOTS of animal tracks and strangely enough were able to look through some bear/? poop to see all the berries and stuff they eat! It was really neat! JEnnifer
So adorable, those boys are so adorable I could eat them up! They have such an amazing imagination! Love the leaf eating!
those dinosaur puppets are so cute and clever!
Good luck with your classes and TOSS and student teaching! I take it you're going into Elementary Ed? I am an elementary special ed teacher. 11 years so far and I still love it! Good luck!
Post a Comment