Daddy was out of town last week when the boys finally climbed out of their cribs after the many previous attempts. We went back and forth about keeping them in their cribs, but mommy was too scared to keep them contained. I was worried about broken arms, or worse. We bit the bullet last weekend and went and purchased 2 toddler beds which are actually extendable beds with a twin mattress, just lower to the ground.
Here’s daddy taking apart their cribs…(insert the sniff, sniff here). Its bitter sweet transitioning them to big boy beds. Some other shots of the boys in their new beds yesterday morning before we woke them up and also a few shots where we separated the beds to different corners in the room. Having the beds next to each other was leading the boys to extra play time once the lights were turned off.
We put the cribs away in storage for the hopes of another baby or babies (HA!) one day….much further down the road though :)
First night in our new beds (Andrew in red bedding and Ethan in blue bedding)
Next morning, we slept all night
Post Separation
14 comments:
Yay to big boy beds. I bet they are loving them. That's fantastic that they slept all night.
I'm selling our cribs next week and M & F will be moving into big kid beds over the summer. Eek. I'm thinking we'll be having many sleepless nights while they adjust LOL
SWEET...I cried tears of joy for the boys...are they staying in their beds???
So adorable!
~Elyse
oh wow they are growing up! I witnessed Kaylie attempting to climb out this afternoon. I have the same fears so our transition may be happening sooner than I thought. :(
YAY for big boys! (and for Mommy for climbing in!)
Darling beds for darling twins. Enjoy the next phase!
I like their beds. They look so happy with new beds.
Yay for big boy beds! It looks like a mooth transition also...that is fantistic that they slept all night the first night. I hope they keep up the good work!
Aww how cute are they in those big boy beds?!? They look so happy...I can just see them playing together in the dark giggling and laughing!
big boy beds! i can hardly believe it, so exciting. they look adorable sleeping in those huge beds. so sweet!
Big bi boys! So glad it all went well. My boy's room is also red and blue.
What cute pictures! Their room is adorable.
The pics of them curled up in the corner in the morning are ADORABLE!
Yeah Boys! Mine are so not ready. Instead, we are putting tents on their cribs. UGH (if you see my post from yesterday, you'll see why. LOL)
Where did you buy those awesome beds?
YAY! Congrats! I'll be coming to your for sure for advice once we get here!
wow... how did i miss this post? how did it go and how is it going. when did you decide to move over to the beds?
Post a Comment