Since this is my family blog and something I hope to continue to update from time to time, I thought I would give a little update on the boys and us for my records. When the boys were little I would write everything down and I love going back to see when they first rolled over, or first sat up un-assisted, but I’ve found as the boys have gotten older and my days have gotten busier I forget to write things down and then I forget when the boys accomplish certain things.
So, here goes. We started potty training the boys right after their 3 birthday, which was 12.5.2009. The first few weeks were challenging, with many tears shed from all three of us. As of today, both boys are fully trained during the day and nap time. What does this mean…NO MORE DIAPERS, except overnight! That is something to cheer about. They have done so well, and I now whole heartily believe kids will just get it when they are ready. I’m so glad I didn’t push them when we tried last September. We have even accomplished peeing standing up. I’m really proud of my boys and am glad to get the diaper money back in our account.
School started back Jan 7th, that is why I have been a little, ok really MIA. This is my third semester back in hopes to receive my teacher certificate so I can teach Elementary School. My mom watches the boys while I attend school on Monday's and Wednesday's. I honestly don’t know what I do without my mom. Grandma’s are really the best! Thank you mom. I’m taking 4 classes this semester, which is the largest load I’ve taken so far. I’m excited about my classes though because most are upper education classes and this is where the real work begins. So, if I don’t post again for sometime that is why!
Back to boys since they are more interesting anyways. Some other tidbits about them that I would like to remember at this age.
Ethan: is a huge eater, just happened over night. Both my boys are picky eaters, but Ethan’s appetite has increased since Christmas time. His weight proves it, he now weighs about 3 lbs more than Andrew. I find my self amazed at not only how much he eats, but how fast he inhales it. Ethan is still my quiet child, he doesn’t talk as much as Andrew and tends to keep more to himself. He is obsessed with t rains, any and all kinds. He can literally play with his trains from the time he wakes up till the time he goes to bed. Ethan loves to sleep and he falls asleep really fast, unlike his brother. He wakes up pretty grumpy though. Ethan is extremely sensitive, he inherited that trait from me. I love my little cuddle bug!
Andrew or Drew: is so animated, that is really the best adjective to describe him. He never stops. He is constantly on the go and is talking all day. He comes up with the funniest little comments and he really likes to ask a lot of questions about everything. I love this about him, because Ethan is so quiet that its refreshing to have two totally different personalities. Andrew is the trouble maker. He starts most of the fights and definitely picks on his brother when ever he can. He is more vocal as I’ve stated before. He little voice is so cute, I love listening to him talk. He loves to dance and sing, especially to Dora or Diego. Andrew is an ok eater, he rather snack throughout the day instead of eating a regular meal. Andrew is my little helper around the house. He likes to help unload the dishwasher and help load the clothes into the washing machine and dryer. Sometimes he likes to help too much and he gets into trouble, but he really is a big help.
If anyone out there read this, thank you! I’m going to try really, really, really hard to update as much as possible, but these days there are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done!
Happy New Year, I’m looking forward to a great 2010!
8 comments:
good luck with your classes! Its hard to believe but this is my 10th year teaching! I love it (other than missing my own kids...).
Congrats on the potty training success!
Katie,
I love the updates! Way to go boys on the potty training...you mastered it several months before my twins did! Cute to hear about their personalities. SOunds like Bryce & Andrew are a lot alike and my Drew & Ethan are a lot alike! Will be interesting to see how they are together. Sounds like you're very busy with school. If it's too difficult to get together, I will completely understand. I know there are only so many hours in the day and those hours are precious. But, maybe we could meet for a meal - since we all have to eat anyway!?
Love the picture of the boys!! That is a great update and how funny they are so different. I love watching them grow up!
i love hearing your updates...thanks for sharing the lives of your adorable boys!
thanks for the advice...i am thinking of just doing a trial run with james in his own room to see how it goes and see what the girls do. if he truly is the instigator, i may just have to use an unconventional approach with him. every time i have tried sitting in the room, it just seems to make things worse. otherwise i would gladly trade 10 minutes for a good solid nap and bedtime :) it's good to hear that your boys still nap too, i know my three are not ready to give them up yet. we tried no naps for a couple days and things were so much worse!
I like your updates. The most important thing is that all of you are fine and that you have quality time with the boys.
Good luck with your classes.
Take care.
Love that picture of your sweet boys! Great update post!
Sometimes you just have to put up a post full of milestones and information that's just for you. Afterall, this is a record of the boys and their lives. They'll be able to look back over this one day and heck, you might even want to make it into a book for them.
Good luck with your classes.
that picture is great!
You give me hope on the pt front! We're having hit or miss success here. (Pardon the pun)
You are going to make a great elem. school teacher!
Post a Comment