Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Before I forget

Yesterday after breakfast I asked Andrew if he wanted to be called Andrew or Drew and his reply was "I like Drew better" so for the rest of the day he asked to be called Drew, if Ethan said "Andrew" Andrew would correct him and say "Drew better". I've always loved the name Drew, but we named Andrew for my mom. The story goes like this: I have an older brother that was handed down a family name and then came me. My mom always adored the name Andrew so as a teenager I told my mom I would name my first born son Andrew, but call him Drew. You know when you look at your child you picture them having a certain name, well Andrew was definitely an Andrew...until recently when I decided I wanted to start calling him Drew. We'll see if it sticks, but for now we have a Drew and a Ethan. Should I go back and count how many times I just typed Andrew + Drew??...lol..

4 comments:

Annie said...

Both names are beautiful.

debi9kids said...

Very cute! We had to have a very similar conversation with Teddy when he was 3 yrs old (when we adopted him) and asked him if he preferred Teddy or Eddie (or Edward) and Teddy, he became :)

cat said...

I like the name Andrew so much.

monica said...

I like the name drew! Very cute! Love you rnew blog makeover, very cute. Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while, but I am back. Yay on the potty trained thing! That is wonderful!