Saturday, October 3, 2009

New wheels

We broke down and bought the boys birthday/Christmas present a little early. We went bike shopping today and came home with 2 brand new bikes and 4 helmets. Andrew has a big head and we weren't sure which one would fit better...sorry Andrew, its the truth! Boys picked out Toy Story bikes and Thomas the train helmets, what a match, huh?

After a much needed nap and a little bribery to go to sleep the boys got out in the street to test out their new wheels. The pedals were a little tricky at first, but after much help from daddy both boys were off and pedaling. They still have a long way to go, but today was a good start and they were in heaven on those bikes. They have been asking for big boy bikes for some time now. I'm happy we broke down and bought them early...the weather has been absolutely gorgeous here (glad the rain finally went away) so hopefully a + e will have a few months of nice, cool weather to become pros on their new wheels. Thanks daddy for allowing me to take some pictures while you gave the boys their first riding lessons. Love you!

DSC_0154

Andrew and his first lesson

DSC_0179 

Off and going

DSC_0190 

Ethan learning how to use his pedals

DSC_0204

Such a big boy

DSC_0210

Ethan loves his new bike

DSC_0216

Love these boys, moments like this make being a mom the best job in the world!!

 DSC_0240

10 comments:

debi9kids said...

OH! I LOVE that last pic of them together! ADORABLE!

what big boys!!!

ps I thought you were calling him "Drew"...

Annie said...

The bikes are wonderful and looks like they had a blast with it.

Enjoy the bikes A&E.

Great weekend.

monica said...

Those look like great bikes. That is cool that you combined and got them for Christmas early so they could enjoy them now! I love the last picture of them and thier new bikes!!

The Synnott's said...

thats just so cute!

Sheena said...

LOVE the pics! The boys look so happy with there new bikes! How fun!!

pyjammy pam said...

My gosh will I be going this in a year?

cat said...

Oh that last picture is just way adorable!

Liz said...

I cannot even believe how big they are! Those helmets are too cute.

SouthernDogwoods said...

So cute!!!! I love the last picture! Cool new wheels, boys!

tbonegrl said...

The last pic is SO fabulous!!