Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowed-in 2011

All last week the weather people (who I say are the only people who get paid for being wrong) said that most of the Southeast could expect heavy snow and ice, boy were they ever right this time. Sunday Evening 1/9/11 around 8:30ish I looked outside and saw nothing, I had been reading everyone’s posts on Facebook stating the snow has started, not 10 minutes later I look outside and bam the ground was covered in snow and it was coming down harder than this southern girl had ever seen. I was in awe, it was so pretty and peaceful. Monday we played in the snow twice and made snowballs and tried making a snowman and watched the doggies run around freezing their behinds off. The boys had a marvelous time playing in the snow. Monday evening the temps remained below freezing and that top layer of ice got even thicker. Tuesday morning everything is still shut down and we are on our 2nd day of being snowed-in. The boys and I made chocolate chip cookies and watched toy story 3 twice! It was a nice relaxing, p.j. wearing day. This morning we all woke up determined to leave the house, cabin fever was setting in, plus we were out of milk. We drank 3 gallons of milk in 3 days. YIKES! The roads had been de-iced and we even made it to the gym for a nice workout!

Before I forget, this is the second snow for Georgia since Christmas day. A fun tidbit: It has not snowed on Christmas in Atlanta since 1872….we are having some crazy, fun weather in the ATL.

Sunday Evening an hour after the snow started

1

What we found Monday am

2

The whole family outside enjoying the snow

3

Playing with our friends next door!

4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog on Juggling Act. You have two beautiful boys! We here in NC had some serious ice issues about 10 days ago!