Friday, May 11, 2012

I’m a college graduate…again!

This time around everything feels different, I’m older, married with children and this time I had to foot the bill (thanks mom + dad for the first degree). Yesterday was a very proud moment for myself and family that were present to watch me walk across the stage for the second time. My first bachelors degree was in Professional Sales in 2004, yesterday I graduated with a bachelors in Science-Early Childhood Education.

When I started this journey three years ago, I wasn’t sure if I would ever see the light at the end of the tunnel. At first, I was petrified returning to school with the thought of taking classes and maintaining the balance between school and family. With the enormous  support of my husband, family, and friends I managed not only to take classes and complete numerous field experiences including a long semester of student teaching, I was also able to do all this and maintain a 4.0 GPA allowing me to graduate Summa cum laude. This was a huge accomplishment for myself and a goal I set from the beginning that I’m pleased to say I obtained. I hope I can be a role model for my boys one day as they look back on all the sacrifices their mom made to not only be happy, but to work in a field that I love.

I feel honored and blessed to be where I am in my life right now and I pray that I find a job and classroom where I will be happy and loved.

Pictures of my big day, so thankful for awesome friends and my loving adoring family.

{On my way to graduation}

DSC_0770

{TOSS friends…we made it!!!}

DSC_0771

{Two of the sweetest friends, Amy, Katie + Ashley}

DSC_0776

{Amy + I…would have never made it without her}

DSC_0777

{Getting ready to go walk…YAY}

DSC_0780

{Proud Parents}

DSC_0781

{My handsome boys came to cheer me on}

DSC_0785

{I’m down there somewhere walking in}

DSC_0790

{About to accept my diploma}

DSC_0803DSC_0804

{Seeing my boys for the first time afterwards was a special moment…love them}

DSC_0809

{Hubby + I}

DSC_0817

{My sweet family of four}

DSC_0820DSC_0824DSC_0826

{LOVE the sign my mom had made for my future classroom}

DSC_0833

{I’m a GRADUATE}

DSC_0837

DSC_0839

{My parents at dinner to celebrate}

DSC_0843DSC_0860DSC_0863

{One proud paw-paw}

DSC_0870

4 comments:

donna said...

Katie you are awesome and inspiring! I know your future classroom will be so lucky to have you!

Annie said...

Awww, what a sweet moment!! Congratulations, you deserve it!!!

Happy Mothe's Day!!

the irelands said...

Oh katie...I'm sooooo proud of u! And so glad to get my friend back haha! U look so great

Samantha said...

Congratulations! I started following your blog because you had twin boys (like me) and now I find out we're both KSU Alumni. :) Go Owls--hooty hoo!!