First week of chores/duties for the boys went great, much better than I anticipated. After preschool ended, Craig and I discussed with the boys the importance of working together as a family to maintain our house and how being part of the family means pulling your weight around the house. Craig and I came up with 10 chores the boys are expected to complete on a daily/weekly basis and each chore is worth 10 cents, where the boys can earn up to one dollar a day if each chore is completed and checked off (for the most part, the chores need to be completed without constant reminder from mom or dad). The boys have taken to the chore chart remarkably well and are even keeping me in check by reminding me to give them a check for making their bed or taking out the recyclables. Tonight was the final day for the first week and after counting all our check marks by 10s (working on counting by 10 currently), Andrew earned his allowance of $3.90 and Ethan $3.80. I love teaching the boys about responsibilities, never too early to start!
The boys excited about earning their allowance! Let’s hope the enthusiasm continues!
3 comments:
way to go, ours have chores and they don't earn money for it. But at least they understand the importance of helping in the family household and that it is team work all round
Great idea! I keep telling myself i need to make a chore chart for our kids but just haven't done it yet...Summer project! :-)
I love this idea! I'll have to remember this to try with my boys.
Post a Comment