Tuesday, April 5, 2011

52 months

Way back in the day when the boys were first born I would take a picture each month to have a keepsake to see just how much they had grown from month-to-month. Even now 3+ years after their first birthdays I still think about how many months the boys are and today on the 5th of April, Andrew and Ethan are 52 months old. They have come a long way since those first few months.

I miss my babies and wonder where the last 4 years have gone? I remember as a kid the summers off felt like years and now a day feels like a few hours and before I know it, its time to tuck the boys into bed once again. This is one time in my boy's lives that I want time to stand still, if I could keep them at the age they are now forever, I truly would. Everyday is full of adventure and laughter.

The boys start pre-k 4 in August, which is a full time program Monday-Friday. I'm going to miss them so much come August. I have been fortunate enough to stay home and raise them and watch them grow into the big boys they have become. This feeling is so bittersweet, in one breathe I can't wait to witness all the new things they will learn, but at the same time it's hard to swallow that my boys are growing up......

3 comments:

Gwen Papp said...

All day! Wow, I totally understand what you're saying. There's so much that's bittersweet about being a mom, isn't there? Every step they take further away from you? So exciting to be starting pre-k. But WOW, all day long apart. Hard. This will be a big summer at your house, savoring every bit of it.

Annie said...

I understand you. They grow so fast but at least we have the opportunity to see them grow.

carbiebash said...

Yes and I will miss not having them here too. Maybe they can skip school every once in awhile and come spend the day with MawMaw.