Monday, August 29, 2011

Chores…need suggestions

So I’m in full swing with TOSS and I have to say everything is going pretty smoothly right now, but when I look down at my assignment sheets and remember that I have 27 different lessons/projects/papers all due within 10 weeks I start to freak out just a bit! I hate to rush time, but I cannot wait till October 31st comes around….not only for Halloween, but I’ll be finished with my TOSS classes at my University and I’ll be full time in my classroom. I’m at the most adorable primary school (k-1st only), my collaborating teacher is amazing and I’m working in an inclusive education class with 14 students. I hope to learn a lot from my teacher and group of kids.

Back to my original point of this post…I need help with chores for A + E. My good twin momma friend Karen shared her ideas with me last week. What do you do as far as chores with your kids, esp. those twin momma’s out there? Do you keep a chart, do you give rewards? I’m up for every and any idea. My boys are really good about picking up their toys and helping around the house, I just need to create a tool for tracking their hard work and if we should do a reward for helping and in what frequency? With the boys starting school and maintaining a good schedule there I would like for that to continue at home…they do have their moments and fight us on cleaning up, etc.

Picture from dinner tonight…one of E’s chores he loves to do…set the table!

IMG_8455

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I just made a chore chart a few weeks ago, haven't started using it. But hope to have a blog post about it soon! I'm listing all the chores I have on our list. He will not do all of these everyday, and some I made for future years!

Clean Room
Make Bed
Set Table
Clear Table
Get Dressed
Homework
Read
Dust
Clean up Toys
Laundry ( he likes to "help" fold)
Chef (he likes to "help" cook)
Bathroom (for later)
Sweep/Vacuum (he likes to "help")
Dishwasher (likes to "help")
Make lunch (help)
Garbage (he likes to put a new trashbag in)
Sports Practice (or something similiar)

No rewards...I like to think of it as learning responsibility and contributing in their household. I have a "Good Deed" card where he can earn rewards, etc. I'll try to get it up on my blog this week/weekend!

Good Luck with TOSS!!!