I can tell because my anxiety has steadily been increasing over the last few days. Even though I know everything will be fine I am still a nervous wreck. For all those wondering what TOSS is…well it stands for “teaching of specific subjects’ and is designed to prepare me for student teaching which will occur next Spring semester. Specific subjects include language arts, math, science and social studies. When I graduate next may (YAY) I will be certified to teach pre-k through 5th grade. This is the semester that everyone dreads, we spend over half our semester on campus 2 days a week for 6 hours learning how to teach the 4 core subjects and then the last 5 weeks of the semesters we are full time in the field. Full time meaning we work teacher hours and must be present at our elementary schools m-f. I am most looking forward to working in the classroom and meeting my kids and TOSS teacher. I know my course work on campus is important, but nothing can beat a real classroom teaching actual kids. I am praying and asking everyone else to pray for an easy and manageable semester. Ideally, I would love to be able to post a few times a week, but I’m sure that might be a stretch. My goal is to post at least once a week and I’m going to try really hard to keep myself to that. We shall see….thanks for reading :)
3 comments:
wow! Good luck! I'm starting my 12th year of teaching (whoa!) If you ever need anything - especially related to special ed/autism - let me know! I'd be glad to help with ideas.
I know you can do it and I of course will be praying for your sanity! You have successfully raised twins to school age and kept a very beautiful home in the process...you can do ANYTHING! Have fun tonight and realize that everyday will get closer to being DONE! It seems impossible, but many others without your stamina have accomplished it! When it seems like it will never end, it will be over! Let me know what you need!
Jennifer
I'm so excited for you!! I look forward to hearing all about it...even if it's only weekly! ;)
Post a Comment