Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Practicing with Ethan

Shortly after having the boys I craved a nice camera that would take fast pictures in order to catch all the cute, funny faces my boys made. I bought a Nikon D80 in the summer of 2007 and until 2 weeks ago I truly didn’t know how to use it. 2 weeks ago I took a very informative photography class where I learned just enough to get me started in the right direction. I would love to one day shoot on the side for extra money, especially since I will have the summers off. So today, Ethan was my model while Andrew napped. I shot in the middle of the day, which is a big no-no, but I did find some covered shade..my teachers would be so proud. Here are a few I snapped today. I think they turned out pretty good and the model is pretty darn cute too!

cut off his head, but the bokeh is yummy!

DSC_0350

DSC_0359

see my sweet blurred dog Zoe in the background!

DSC_0378

I still have a long way to go, but ya gotta start somewhere, right?!?!? Next up is my adorable pregnant neighbor, did you hear that Jennifer :D

2 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

OH! These are WONDERFUL! (I tend to credit the photographer over the camera. ;) )
Great shots!

The Loe's said...

Awesome job! I'll let you practice on us when we move back... ;o)