Monday, February 11, 2008
Our ER visit...
Today was the scariest day of my life. I took Ethan to the Pediatrician's office at 3pm..he was running a very high temperature. He had double ear infections...I got his amoxil filled and came home. Mom was watching Andrew for me (thank you). We lay both boys down for a bit to rest. They wake around 5:45. I try to feed Ethan some food, wants nothing to do with it. Mom makes me a bottle for him and within seconds of him taking his bottle he starts to have a seizure. I freak out (of course) and call 911. Ethan seized for about 5-6 minutes..the longest 5-6 minutes of my life. The paramedics arive, get him on some IV fluids..he was very brave during the procedure. They got him stablized and we head to Kennestone's ER. Everything checked out fine..his temperature stayed high till we were discharged. The paramedics, ER pedi doctor, and my mom said Ethan had a Febrile Seizure. I was so scared for Ethan, but he was brave and pulled through like a champ. Thank you to the grandparents for coming to the hospital with us and especially my mom for being there with me today. Thanks Aunt Heather for coming over to watch Andrew! I'll keep everyone posted on our little man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, how scary! Hope everything is okay, keep us posted!
Wow! How incredibly frightening that must have been. I hope that everything is ok and that Ethan starts feeling better soon. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Well, good grief!!! I am glad everyone is ok now. I am sorry you all had to go through this! (looks we were both there at the same time!)
But I am so glad yall are ok!!!!!!!
Post a Comment