Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pure Exhaustion

That is how I feel...its been a world wind few days. Starting with Andrew...this poor kid has decided its cool to wake up at midnight screaming bloody murder. Nothing seems to calm him down except bring him downstairs for some cuddle time. This has gone on the last 3 nights, I believe we are creating a monster..lol. Let's hope tonight starts a new trend and he sleeps through the night.

Yesterday we attended a couple's baby shower for a friend from college. They are having a little boy first of December. Shower started at 4pm and Craig left with the boys around 7pm as I stayed to have a much needed girls night out. It happened to be another friends birthday so we headed downtown for martinis and some yummy sushi. When we finally went to bed the clock read 4am...yes, that's right I stayed up until 4am.

Today we had lunch with Craig's parents and ate way too much. Then I went to the official birthday party for my friend I mentioned above. Its now 8:30 and I feel like going to bed. My eye lids are so heavy, but I really want to stay up so I can watch Desperate Housewives. Ok, enough rambling...enjoy a few pictures from the last few days. 

The boys Friday afternoon playing outside

DSC_0073

Ethan playing with mommy's pumpkins

DSC_0125

From the party this afternoon. Beth Anne and I (can you tell I'm tired)

DSC01282

"The Gang"

DSC01305

The Birthday girl and me...Happy Birthday Ceejay

DSC01300

15 comments:

BuckeyeBundle said...

Yea, those 4am nights will do you in quick! But what a fun time I'm sure you had...and no, I can't tell how tired you are...seriously, you always look great in your photos and I can't believe you look so fab the day after an "almost-all-nighter" hehe...you look great. Happy B-day to your friend and I hope Andrew sleeps better tonight! oh and go to bed, put D.housewives on TIVO!!!!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

You SO do not look tired in those pictures!! You look great!! I do hope you start to get more sleep though-that sounds rough!!

Elyse said...

An almost all nighter-wow-branching out? It is so the two days after that does you in. Hang in there! Glad you had some fun this weekend!!! You also do not look tired in the pictures:o
~Elyse~

Katie said...

You look quite adorable for being exhausted! We're going through the screaming in the middle of the night thing too...no idea what is happening, but I hope that "phase" ends soon. Here's to a better night for you! get some rest, Katie!

Sheena said...

Aw so sorry for the screaming monster! LOL! Hope he sleeps through the night for now on.
Sound like you had a fun weekend...get some rest tonight!

debi9kids said...

OH! How fun! I am going away this upcoming weekend without kids and I'm hoping to have some 4am nights! OH YEAH!!!!

The boys look so cute playing and looks like a great bunch of friends :)
ps You really don't look as tired as I am sure you feel ;)

SouthernDogwoods said...

Oh, I remember Abby waking up and doing that. It stopped after a few times. Ped said it probably was a nightmare. Oh, I feel for you but hopefully they will stop.

So glad you had a Girls Night Out! Looked like fun! And you look great in your pics!

Karen said...

Wow--what a fun weekend! Hope the crying gets better and you were able to get a good night's sleep last night.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

despite being exhausted, it sounds like you had a much needed fun weekend with your friends! and you absolutely do not look tired in that picture...not even a bit! i have had a couple of 4am nights recently...but i wasn't doing anything fun like martinis and sushi! i need to plan a gno soon :) i hope you got some sleep last night and feel well rested!

Betsy said...

woohoo for mommy time!
aw on the wake ups - we went thru this w/ charlie a few months back, it happened when my hubby started working late and he wouldn't see them before bed, all we had to do was let him snuggle next to daddy and he'd go right back to sleep - in our bed though! lol

Tonya Staab said...

Wow, you have been one busy mama. I love that pic of the boys walking together. Gosh their cute. Sorry about the midnight screamfest though, hopefully that ends soon.

Love the new halloween header.

Amber said...

Ugh, I hope you got some sleep last night...we are having an issue ourselves with Josh, he woke up every 3 hours last night crying :( here's to both of us getting some sleep!

The Myers Family said...

totally hit enter on the last post before i had finished..Sorry! Anyway, 4am is when my hubby wakes up for the day! YIKES! Wow, you must have had some fun. I hope your hubby let you sleep in the next day! EEK! I would have slept till at least noon if i was up till 4! Hope you are feeling better and rested up. Hope andrew sleeps better soon. I wonder if he's having nightmares? Sam has them a lot...but all we hear is one SCREAM and she goes right back to bed. GOOD LUCK and keep us updated.

GibsonTwins said...

Katie- the red stroller in the pic you commented on is the Kolcraft Contours Options double tandem stroller. I bought it and returned it as it was so heavy I couldn't lift it. But it is pretty, prob why I bought it! lol

monica said...

Oh the boys went through a stage of waking up at midnight also. The mornings suck when that happens! Hopefuilly it ends soon. I lvoe the picture of the boys walking together. So cute!