Thursday, December 4, 2008

December 4, 2006

This time 2 years ago I didn't sleep a wink. I had my last High Risk OB appointment on November 28th where the boys weighed 5.6 (andrew) and 5.9 (ethan). see how close those measurements were tomorrow. Our doctor told us the boys were at great weights and I was far enough along to start thinking about inducing labor. I was 37 weeks pregnant and ready not to be. I knew my body had done an amazing job and the boys were really healthy, so it was time for them to make their appearance. We got the call on December 1st from the hospital stating our induction would be Monday December 4th. I was sitting at work (yes I worked up until I delivered) when I got the call...my hands were shaking and I couldn't concentrate on anything. My boss at the time was kind enough to let me leave. We had 3 more days till we would meet our boys. What a busy weekend we had tying up all the loose ends and getting the house ready to bring the boys home. Craig and I both woke up really early on December 4th. We were to call the hospital around 8am to see about availability. We were told they were busy and would call us back when they were ready for us to come in. Noon came around and no call, so we called back and were told the same thing again..too busy. By this point we were getting really anxious. We decided to put everything in the car and head out to go shopping or something to keep my mind off things. We went and grabbed a bite to eat and that's when they called us. I remember finishing up my food so fast. Once we got to the hospital we had to wait forever to fill out paper work, etc. We were finally in our room around 5pm and the induction started at 6:07pm. I had a fairly easy induction with no complications and I waited till almost 8cm to get the epidural. Around 11pm I remember looking at our mid-wife and asking her if the boys would be born today and she replied "probably not". From midnight till when I delivered everything is kinda blurry. They gave me some benedryal to help with the itching the epidural was causing so I was in and out of sleep all night. Both our parents and my best friend Blair stayed up all night to be with us...and it was a long night...rest of the story to follow.

10 comments:

Elyse said...

So not fair to leave a cliff hanger like that :) Have a great Thursday!!
~Elyse~

Sheena said...

Awww that gave me chills...there's nothing like "Labor Day" I think I'll remember mine very precisely for the rest of my life! Can't wait to hear the rest! :)

SouthernDogwoods said...

Wow! You are leaving me hanging! What a great post though! I could not imagine waiting around like that - ugh - hospitals! Can't wait for your post tomorrow!

monica said...

Wow what a great story! Can't wait to hear the ending!

debi9kids said...

Great story so far. I just love remembering back on these moments... I can't believe you had to wait around so long. Poor you & Craig!
Can't wait to read the rest.

ps thank you for your wonderful comment today :)

The Myers Family said...

I'm soo excited! I can't WAIT to hear the rest...

I haven't checked blogs much lately..but i've been so excited to hear about the boys bday!

Can you believe it's been TWO years...

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigoodness, omigoodness! Can hardly wait to read the rest! Your anticipation really leaps off the page (or screen, I guess!)

Happy Almost Birthday, Boys!
(Know where I am heading when I log on tomorrow... ;) )

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

awww, katie i am loving this...can't wait to hear the rest!

pyjammy pam said...

wow, it seems like our boys really did almost share a birthday! :) happy almost birthday to your sweet boys! :)

Annie said...

Excellent post. I'm anxious to read the rest of the story.

God bless your kids.