Today you turn two years old; such a bittersweet time of reflection for me as your mom. You both have grown up so fast. It seems like yesterday your daddy and I were picking out wall colors and cleaning all your newborn clothes. As I look back at pictures from your birth I think about how much you have grown and learned over the past 2 years. After you guys turned one we thought you would be on bottles forever; now we're talking about potting training and how you can be out of diapers. I wish I could freeze time and keep you little forever. I know this is impossible, but you will always be my little babies.
We love the way you laugh, how sweet you guys play together. We love how much you both adore each other. We love how you both say 'thank you'. We love how you blow kisses and will say 'bye-bye' to everyone that walks bye. We love the way you dance and bobble you heads back and forth to the music. We love how you shovel peas into your tiny mouths till you can't fit anymore. We love how you pet the dogs and say 'gentle'. We love how you shake your head to say 'no'. We love how you verbalize everything even when we can't understand it. We love the hugs and 'love you's' at bedtime. We love how your whole face lights up when we pick you up from school. We love the way you walk and swing your arms from side to side (Andrew). We love when you hug our legs and say 'hi' (Ethan). We love your curiosity about the world around you. We love everything about you boys.
Thank you for bringing so much love into this family. We wish you, Andrew and Ethan a very happy 2nd birthday. Enjoy your day.
Love always and forever,
mama & dada.
Andrew Michael Harris born December 5, 2006 at 8:10am 5 lbs, 11 ounces 18.5 inches long (High Risk OB said 5.6)
Ethan Dale Harris born December 5, 2006 at 8:25am 6 lbs, 0 ounces 18.5 inches long (High Risk OB said 5.9)
Minutes old
hours old
weeks old
6 months old
1 year old
18 months old
2 years old
24 comments:
Happy Birthday A&E. You are the rockstars of all twins. Love,
Ed, Donna and William
What a beautiful letter! Happy Birthday boys! You are so adorable. Enjoy your day!
Nothing like starting a Friday morning with a little weepfest! ;)
Beautiful words and how wonderful that your boys will be able to look back and know how very much they have been loved from the get-go!
Great weights, BTW and OH, that picture of you with the newborn boys...too much for this mama to take. Beautiful.
Thank you for sharing the story and your feelings.
Ok it's 9:30 in the morning and I am crying. Such a beautiful post... Happy birthday Ethan and Andrew!! I hope you have a great day:)
What a great & touching letter to your boys. Thank you for posting that & sharing with us. It brought tears to my eyes. They grow up so fast - P.J. and I were just talking last night about that exact same thing & how we miss our little babies! I love the pictures especially the one where they are just minutes old. Aww!
Happy Birthday Andrew & Ethan. May you have a wonderful birthday!!!!
Sniff Sniff Katie. What a beautiful letter to your boys. Happy Birthday little guys!
Happy Birthday Andrew & Ethan!
Lovely letter to your guys.
happy happy birtday boys!!
One of the most touching letters. I love that you have shared even the smallest of details. Your boys are so amazing and I truly have loved getting to know them (and you) through your blog! Happy 2nd birthday A & E! I hope you have the best birthday ever!
That was beautiful!!! They will cherish that when they're older! LOVE the timeline of pictures, they've grown so much!
Happy Birthday Sweet Andrew & Ethan
Oh Katie, what a sweet post. I remember these photos, and I swear the one from when they turned one was your sig pic..like..yesterday. Where does the time go? So bittersweet. Happy Birthday Andrew and Ethan!
Wonderful letter to the boys. I love your post.
Happy Birthday A & E.
what a sweet letter! My two just turned 2 a week ago...so I can totally relate to all you said - plus the being put under for the c-section. Scary!
Hope they had a wonderful birthday!
Happy 2nd birthday A&E!
That was such a beautiful letter to you sweet boys. It would be nice to bottle up these wonderful toddler times and keep them little guys forever. Oh, if only we could!
Happy Birthday boys! What a sweet letter and tribute.
Happy 2nd birthday Andrew and Ethan!! You boys are totally precious and have wonderful parents :)
~Elyse~
I am all teary eyed now! Just BEAUTIFUL!
Katie, I love this post. I saw it last night and couldn't read it at the time because I knew it would make me cry. :o) (In a good way, of course.) You all are such great parents--it's obvious how much you love your sons. Congrats on two years together. May God bless your family.
happy (belated) birthday to your beautiful boys! this was a lovely post, you know it had to make me tear up, right? :) i love the photo progression, they are just adorable!
AWW...that was the sweetest post ever! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics of the boys..they were just precious. It's sunday morning..i'm just reading this and totally all teary eyed..with HAPPY TEARS of course. HAPPY BIRTHDAY A & E! You boys are two VERY lucky boys to have such wonderful loving parents!
Brenda
Love the new pictures!
katie, i am seriously crying as i read this post and look at the pictures. just beautiful and touching and incredibly wonderful. i adore them all, but that first picture of you with the boys is absolutely amazing.
happy birthday boys!
You just brought tears to my eyes - very touching. They just get better with time. Your boys are just too cute and what a great family you are! Happy Birthday Andrew and Ethan
Oh gosh, they are just the cutest little guys!
Post a Comment