Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Way Back When-esday

family

Dateline: December 5, 2006

Boys age: a few hours old...

With less than 3 weeks till my babies turn 2 I've been reminiscing back through all our old photos from when the boys were first born. My older brother took this picture and its one of my favorites! I don't remember this picture being taken, I actually don't remember much about the first few hours. After 12 hours in labor over night and not sleeping very much and then being completely put under for a c-section after having a vaginal delivery I was wiped out. I do remember this overwhelming feeling of content and a absolute love for my new babies...what a proud day...I can't wait to celebrate their 2nd birthdays.

 

Don't forger to head over to Cheryl's Blog to see who else is playing along with Way Back When-esday

13 comments:

Terri said...

OK..You look GREAT to have just birthed twins! You rock!

Cheryl Lage said...

What a beautiful, beautiful picture. Your husband's bowed head seems almost reverent. Gorgeous image. (and I agree with Terri, you look fantastic!)

Thank you so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday!

Brandi said...

Love this pic. I don't have any like this so I always enjoy seeing other peoples!

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

What a great photo! I had both a natural delivery and a c/s. Fortunately they had time for a spinal though. I'm sorry you missed your B baby's birth!

Sheena said...

Aww!!! That is sooo precious!

You are my HERO for having a c-section AND a vaginal delivery all in one day! You're a CHAMP!!! Lucky boys to have such a strong mama!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh katie, this picture gave me goosebumps. it is absolutely beautiful and just such a precious moment for your brand new family!

karen richardson said...

Oh my goodness...what a challenging delivery you had!!! YOu are a trooper.

Absolutely precious pic. I remember what an amazing feeling it was to finally hold my two little burritos, all bundled up! An amazing moment, huh?!

monica said...

What a great picture! Everyone one looks so happy and content!

The Myers Family said...

Oh WOW...that is priceless! What a calming pic..and soo sweet! Beautiful babies! Can't believe they'll be TWO in just a few weeks! SOO exciting!
Brenda

Sara said...

LOVE this picture! They way you are both looking at your boys is just priceless. What a beautiful moment to have captured.

Karen said...

I love that picture! It is absolutely priceless!

Karen said...

P.S. I hadn't read all of the other comments before I commented. Sorry to copy the "priceless" remark--it really is, though. ;o) SUCH an amazing photo. That's the kind of picture you just can't plan for or anticipate--it just happens. So real.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Awww! What a wonderful pic! Your brother did a great job. What a great time to capture by a photo. You look great in the photo too - believe me - my photo(minus the girls) I look dead. Pic brought tears to my eyes. What cuties!!!!