Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spring cleaning in the fall

This afternoon I've been cleaning out closets and trying to re-organize things. Its amazing how much 'junk' I've held onto over the years. With all the boys stuff I just can't manage to keep it all, so today is spring cleaning in the fall. I hung my fall wreath out today since its officially fall time in Georgia. The boys are napping now and daddy is doing some yard work.

The boys start a brand new daycare tomorrow morning. We had a few problems with their old in-home daycare and had to immediately pull them out. They will be attending a Private Preschool in our area. Craig and I are excited to see what the boys will learn, we know they are going to thrive at their new school. I'll post pictures tomorrow of their official first day of school.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

15 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

happy spring cleaning in the fall day!

oh no! i hope that nothing too awful happened at the old daycare, but regardless i am glad you were able to pull the boys out in time and enroll them somewhere new. i am excited to see what they learn and how they like the new place!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

give them an extra hug from us!

GibsonTwins said...

I hope the boys love their new school! You gotta take pics of them so we can all see :)

I always go through a fall cleaning (more like purging!) spree and it really is insane how much crap I get rid of. I have been in crazy mom disinfecting mode this past week cleaning corners and floors I didn't even know existed in my house. All because I am afraid of having two sickies at one time.

Have a great start to your week!!

Lori said...

good luck with the new school!!! Keep me posted!

Elyse said...

Glad you got to do some fall cleaning! Sorry the at home sitting did not work. Looking foward to the new school pictures!!!
~Elyse~

Tonya Staab said...

I'm sorry you had problems with the other daycare. Good luck with the new one, I hope it's everything you are looking for.

How are you all feeling now?

Happy 21 months big boys. Doesn't the time fly by so quickly :(.

I forgot to answer a question you asked me a while ago (found it still sitting in my inbox LOL), anywho, Flynn's orange hooded top was from Old Navy but I purchased it a few months ago.

Liz said...

sorry to hear the other daycare didn't work out. Hopefully they make a smooth transition to the new school.

Getting rid of a bunch of junk feels good. I'm getting the itch to clear out a few things too! There is just no more room.

Annie said...

I hope you enjoyed the cleaning. It's true that we have a lot of stuff. Think that when fall starts your house will be cleaner than others.

I hope the boys like their new school.

Have a nice week.

Annie
http://santiagotwingirls.blogspot.com/

The Myers Family said...

GOOD LUCK! I'm sure the boys will love their new school! It's always fun to meet new friends..play with new toys...etc.

Keep us updated on how things turn out.

Good Luckw with your spring cleaning...you must have the same itch i've had for a while now! I've been cleaning out, donating clothes, ebaying stuff, and anything else you can think of..to get rid of all my clutter. I saved all Hannah's clothes from the past few years assuming i'd have another girl. WELL, now that i have two, i don't use her clothes since i have this awesome lady that i buy all her clothes from her girls that are exactly 2 years older than mine...and she has some AWESOME clothes and sells them to me for 1.00 each! It's awesome!

Have fun!

Big Sister said...

Enjoy your first day at your new school boys!

monica said...

Good Luck with the new school. We also start a new school on Tuesday. I can't wait, it will be so much fun. Can't wait to see the boys go to their first day of school!!

monica said...

Oh and I really need to do some fall cleaning around here also.

Joelle Turner said...

Whew! I think I'm back and sitting still for a little while! I've missed all my blog friends! I've been doing some "fall cleaning", too! Sorry you've been feeling sick, you deserve a lot of GOOD HEALTH now! I hope the little guys do well at their new school, I can't wait to hear about what they are learning!

Sheena said...

Good Luck with the new school! I hope the boys adapt very well there!!!

Also YAY! For Fall....LOVE it!

Elyse said...

Okay girl-where are the precious pictures?
~Elyse~