Friday, May 2, 2008

Crossed off

I can cross off my first week of work even though it was only 2 days. Things went great, I got my laptop, phone and office and I even went on my first sales call this morning. Very exciting. I'm trying to adjust to the drive, getting up early and being away from the boys all day. That is honestly the hardest part. Yesterday when I picked the boys up Ethan didn't want to leave, that left me feeling a little sad but also happy that he has adapted. Ms. Shirley loves the boys and says they do great. Andrew is usually a really picky eater and she says he eats everything on his plate and more. That makes me so happy. They seem to really like it so I'm pleased we found such a wonderful environment to leave the boys at.

I'm having fun dressing up and getting out of the house all day, being around adults is really refreshing. I will hopefully be working from home most of the time, which is a huge bonus. I apprecaite all the well wishes and Debi I'll post some work attire next week. Your so funny! We're gonna lay low this weekend and maybe grab some lunch or dinner with our families. Have a great weekend all my blog friends and family :)

7 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so happy to hear that the new job and the daycare for the boys is working out so well. even though it is still difficult, it probably makes the transition a ton easier! how wonderful that you will be able to work from home too, i am hoping to be able to do that when i am finally off leave!

Elyse said...

Glad everything went smoothly these past few days. Glad to hear the boys are adjusting. I think it is awesome that you can work from home. What a great idea!
~Elyse~

The Myers Family said...

That's so great that everything went soo well! You know, it's amazing about how different children act when they aren't around their parents. My girls are the SAME way with food...they do not eat anything at home unless it's mac n chees(seriously EVERY DAY for dinner) and grilled cheese(every day for lunch) and so on. At school, the teachers have said, they eat spaghetti and meat sauce and all sorts of things...SOO Weird.

I'm glad it's easier for you..since the boys really enjoy school. That is always such a relief! Now you can enjoy your job too!

Have fun dressing up..one day i'll go back to work and get to hang out with real adults and have real conversations....ahhh..one day!

Congrats again on your job and so glad the boys are happy at their new school!

BuckeyeBundle said...

Oh good! I've been thinking of you and wondering how it all went. I am sure it is so hard to leave the boys, but it's nice knowing they are in such a great environment!
Have a great weekend Katie!

The Wilsons said...

I'm glad to hear that the job went well and the boys adjusted to daycare well. Congrats!

Liz said...

glad you had a good first "week". I'm slightly jealous that you are getting dressed up each day and talking to adults! I do miss that from time to time.

debi9kids said...

Glad it went so well for you!
Looking forward to seeing your pictures! :)
And, glad to hear the boys are enjoying their daycare. YEAH!