First off, Happy Mother's Day to all my wonderful blog mommies. Hope everyone is enjoying their day with their husbands and kids.
Yesterday was a fun filled day for us all. We started the day off by making a stop by the pediatrician's office. The boys have been feeling pretty bad this week and once they started coughing a lot I decided they needed to be seen. Their doctor said it was a sinus infection that turned into a bacterial infection. She put them on amoxillicin and hopefully in a few days they will feel 100%. After the pedi's stop we had breakfast at Chick-Fil-a, my favorite and then we headed off to get the boys first (official) hair cut!! There is this adorable, old timey looking barber shop in downtown Woodstock where we live and I really wanted the boys to get their first hair cuts there. They were perfect customers, never cried or even moved. They look like little boys now, all grown up.
After the boys woke up from their afternoon nap we headed to the Atlanta Zoo. My dad's company was hosting "family night" at the zoo. I've been looking forward to this weekend for a long time now. The zoo was only opened to the family's of my dad's company. It was so much fun. The boys did great and you could tell they were really enjoying themselves. So, not only did they get their first hair cuts today, they also got to visit the zoo for the first time. We walked around and saw all the pretty animals, rode the zoo train, rode the carousel (another first), played in the kid zone where the boys petted some animals and even had dinner. They also had Caricaturist there so of course I got one of the boys!
This is Andrew around 10am this morning, he was pooped after his busy day yesterday!
15 comments:
Have a great Mother's Day with your sweet boys!!! I hope they feel better soon!!!
~Elyse~
what a wonderful time! love the pictures of them getting their haircut
That is so funny! We had the girls first hair cuts this weekend too! Sarah was soo scared...Sam did just fine. I love the characatures(spelling). We did one for Hannah...but really need to do one for the girls now. I bet the boys loved the zoo. Our girls are really starting to get into animals...they want to look at books with animals all the time. We've taken them to the zoo twice..but i think we need to go again soon, now that they are really into animals. Thanks for sharing all the precious pics. Your boys are just soo cute...wish we could have a play date...how cool would that be...two idential boys and two identical girls...all born so close together!
Happy Mothers Day to you!
Brenda
I LOVE all the pictures Katie! How do you like the backpack things? I have been debating whether to get those when the boys get old enough? I'd love to hear your opinions on them. Anyway-fun day at the zoo-can't wait to take mine there. Hope they get to feeling better soon-and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
Love the zoo pics and the first haircut is always a biggie. I'm sure Ryan will cry and Kaylie won't need one for another year or so :) Looks like everyone had a great time. (I love the backpacks) Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day Katie! Looks like you had an exciting weekend filled with firsts! How fun!
Love all of the great pictures. Did you make those arrangements on scrapblog? They look awesome!
happy mother's day!
love the 1st haircut pictures and it looks like you all had a lot of fun at the zoo!
What a fab day. The boys were sitting so well for their haircuts.
The zoo pics were great. Love the cartoon. I've been thinking about getting those 'leashes' for my booger butts. How do A & E cope with it, do they get frustrated at not being able to do their own thing?
Happy Mother's day! Love those backpacks with the tails/leashes. Aish I could get some of those here in South Africa - would be a great help when the boys get bigger.
Sounds like you had a great weekend!! Love the pics from the zoo!! That must of been so fun:)
Aww..they look so big sitting there getting their haircuts. Happy Mother's day!
Katie-no matter what time you have, just blog when you can. I love being able to see the boys grow. Hope the kiddos are doing better today!!!
~Elyse~
Oh wow! Great photos!
Such big boys with their hair cuts!
And, fabulous pics from the zoo! It looks like such a wonderful day!That final pic is just precious!
:) Debi
Oh Katie...
I feel like I got to vicariously enjoy your big day! :)
Keep taking all the wonderful pictures...you'll never regret it!
(And do share 'em here when you can!)
Looks like you all had fun! We've taken Hailey both summers since she's been born & even the 1st one when she was only 5 or so months, she LOVED it.
Post a Comment