Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy 20 months

Today Andrew and Ethan turn 20 months old, they are no longer in the "teens" and in 4 short months they will be two. I'm getting a little teary eyed just typing that. How fast these 20 months have gone by. Its true what my mom said, "they grow up too fast".  The first year went by really fast and it seems like just yesterday I was planning their first birthday. I'm sitting here today contemplating what to do for their 2nd birthday...wow, my boys are about to turn 2. They are no longer babies and that makes me sad and happy at the same time.

Andrew

DSC_0611

Andrew was my first born by 15 minutes. He started out as my shy baby and has really surprised us all. He does not have a shy bone in his body, he will go up to anybody and just loves playing by himself. I'll find him in the corner playing with a ball or just staring out the back sliding glass door. He has such a sweet soul and loves to give kisses and hugs. He won't sit still for longer than 5 seconds so our snuggle time is limited. He is more vocal than his brother. He can say about 15 words now and can even put 2 words together. His favorite words are: dog, ball, juice, milk, cup, fruit, bar, fan, dada, mama, and blue. He says some other words, but not that frequently. When Andrew walks he swings his little arms beside his body, it makes me smile every time I see it. He loves to run and have you chase him around the house playing peek-a-boo.  He loves to play with my shoes and will carry them around for hours (cheap entertainment). He loves to climb and is getting really good at it. He loves to wave bye-bye and blow kisses when we tuck him in at night. I am so proud of my little A, what a caring little boy he has become.

Ethan 

DSC_0197

Ethan is my little spit-fire baby. He is a mama's boy 100% and he'll let you know that from the start. He is more shy and quiet around people he doesn't know, it takes him a little longer to warm up to you. He even acts shy around the grandparents some days. Ethan has a sweet demeanor and loves to cuddle up and read a book. He loves daycare, but its hard to leave him in the morning as he's holding onto my leg and squeezing my hands tightly.  It breaks my heart, but I know he's in good hands. Ethan still talks in what I like to refer to as "twin talk" he is always talking up a storm, but I rarely understand a word that comes out of his mouth. He loves to point and play with our dogs. He pets them gently and gets a huge smile on his face. He is a great eater, will eat just about anything. He was my bigger baby at birth, but now the boys weight about the same. Ethan loves walking up and down the steps and will practice on our front porch. He goes up and down for 20-30 minutes some times. He loves pushing his play lawn mower around and watching daddy cut the grass thru the back windows. The only words that Ethan says clearly right now are: ball, cup, milk, juice, dada, mama, and fan.  Ethan loves brushing his teeth and when we're getting ready for bed he heads right into the bathroom and reaches for his tooth brush.

Happy 20 months A & E. Mommy is so very proud of you both and I look forward to all the fun times to come. You both never cease to amaze me and its an honor being your mommy.

19 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what an absolutely heartfelt post katie, it was so sweet to read about the little details that make up their personalities. wish we could be there to celebrate the big 2 with you all! happy 20 months andrew & ethan!

nbjenni said...

Your boys are so adorable - I see a lot of girlfriends in the future!

Liz said...

awww..happy 20 months!!

Brandi said...

20 months already! I was just thinking how fast 19 months went by yesterday. How do our babies grow up so quickly? You have a beautiful way with words dear! It brought a tear to my eye reading how well you know your boys!

GibsonTwins said...

2 is coming up so fast! They look like such cuddlebugs :)

Happy 20 months guys!!

I lose track of months when people ask their age, but saying we have 2 almost 2 yr olds seems so scary!

donna said...

Katie, I can't believe how grown they r now. So cute.

Cheryl Lage said...

Happy Happy 20 Months! Seriously, what a blessing for your twins that you have loved on them so intimately by describing with such adoring detail their uniqueness. You rock, Twin Mama!

Sara said...

Oh such fun to read about them both. I got tears in my eyes just thinking about how fast they do grow up. I feel like I know them a little better now.

BuckeyeBundle said...

Oh I love it. I feel like I just keep learning new things about the boys everytime through your posts. So special and you are so great at capturing their own unique qualities. So so cool. Happy 20 months A&E!!!

The Synnott's said...

they grow up so fast... they are adorable

Karen said...

I can't believe they are 20 months old already! How the time flies! These posts will be so priceless ... love all the details!

tbonegrl said...

beautiful. your boys are too sweet. Happy 20 months boys, and thank you for sharing them with us!

The Myers Family said...

HAPPY 20 Month Birthday A & E! WOW...time sure does fly by! I have been soo busy lately, i've missed checking out my blogging buddy blogs! Goodness, i feel like i've disappeared off the face of the earth...although i blogged a few times in between salmonella poisioning and Hannah's bday party! Love the pics..the boys are getting soo big and as cute as ever. BTW, i'm a bad blogger...still haven't done my award! UGH! I WILL get it done soon. I can't believe how crazy things have been over here. One day, i will catch up!

Have a great week!
Brenda

Gwen Papp said...

I can't believe they're 20 months old already! And I love your descriptions of them, isn't it hard to put into words all the little things that make them...well, THEM?

Linda said...

Aww, it your post makes me want to give your kids hugs! How sweet! Happy 20 months!

The Broken Man said...

It sounds like you have a lovely family. Your boys sound adorable. We are expecting our first baby in December, and I hope we end up sounding as contented as you!

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

monica said...

Happy 20 months!! Time does fly by very fast. Thank you for sharing with us the littel details of each of their personalities. It is amazing how different they are but also how the same they are.

Tonya Staab said...

HAPPY 20TH MONTHS BIG BOYS!

Such a beautiful post Katie. What a great way to document their milestones. This way, you'll never forget what they were like at this age.

debi9kids said...

Such a beautiful post Katie! I just love getting to see such a peek into the boys and your relationship.
It's amazing how alike they look and yet how different they rally are!
Thanks so much for sharing :)