I think the best thing they do right now is hugs and kisses. I'll ask for a kiss and both boys will put their lips together and make the kiss sound as they kiss me. It gets me every time. They are really starting to understand when I ask them to do something. When its time for dinner I say "get in your chairs" and they run over to the table and climb into their booster seats and attempt to buckle themselves in. If we say bath time or night night they run to the gate and wait till we open it and then they run around the corner and start climbing the steps. If its bath time they head up the steps and right into their bathroom and same thing when its night night time.
Its amazing how quick my little babies are growing up and how fast they are changing and turning into little boys. I wish I could freeze time, I would definitely freeze this age. I can only imagine all the fun times to come, I can not wait.
Boys, mommy loves you more than words can express.
and not to leave you all without a few pictures. these were at a local park near our house on Sunday. the weather was cooler so we headed outdoors.
12 comments:
I would think that you love this stage too. Listening and being cute go hand in hand. Glad the boys are in their extra sweet mode.
~Elyse~
Your boys are so much like mine!! That age was also my favorite stage. I know about freezing time - right now we are dealing with a lot of NO's. Everything I ask is NO!! What a wonderful stage that your boys are in - hopeful it will last a long time!
This post brought tears to my eyes! I remember that stage with Zachary. I loved when he could understand what I was saying. Enjoy every moment. I was there a second ago and I sent him off to first grade today, sniff sniff.
so i have something to look forward to because right now teething is NO FUN!
so adorable. I guess each stage has their own fun. Like you, I'm constantly amazed with my kiddo's changes. The boys r getting so big!
I agree it is a wonderful time. My girls are still in that stage and I hope it lasts forever!!!
I feel like I want to freeze every new stage they hit!! It sounds like your stage is so much fun!!
It's funny because every age/stage my boys are in I say "this one is my favorite". Not that there aren't our little bumps along the way (tantrums, trouble, and mischief), but it's amazing how I love them more and more and am even more amazed by them each day. Yesterday I told my husband that I wanted to video tape the whole day somedays, just to remember all the funny, wonderful stuff they are saying because i cannot remember it ALL! Maybe that should be my next blog subject!
Cute park pictures!
Aww...I can't wait till mine are at that stage too! They looked super cute at the park.
that is really such a fun age...when you can see the understanding begin to just blossom! they are such sweet little boys katie! seriously, you are killing me with your pictures...so darn awesome! are you shooting completely in manual?
Yes, it's really a great stage. Being able to communicate with your children is so much fun! Love the pics of the boys playing at the park. They look like they had a blast. Oh, i wish it would cool off here so we could go play at the park!
Love the pic of the boys going down the double slide...soo cute!
Brenda
I know exactly what you mean! I am loving this age and just enjoy watching them learn something each day.
I was just smiling away reading this post. You are just so obviously overflowing with love for your boys and it's so nice to experience.
Post a Comment