Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF

Its 10:44pm, but am I glad its Friday. What a crazy, busy week I've had. Work wasn't too bad, but with other activities I'm exhausted. Wednesday we celebrated my mom's birthday and last night I went consignment shopping. My sil (sister in law) and I volunteer at a local consignment sale each year. We get to shop early at the preview sale and wow did we find some great deals. For $81 bucks and some change I got a pack-n-play (we have 2, one broke) all the boys winter clothes, 2 pairs of shoes and 6 books. Call that a great bargain. Tomorrow is our shift, we'll be cashiers from 8:30-1pm and then hopefully the rest of the weekend we can relax and just enjoy the boys.

Here are a few pictures from tonight..we had dinner at my parents house and my older brother "unlce billy" was there with his friend Robert. **Good luck next week Billy**






Hope everyone has a great weekend...

11 comments:

monica said...

Have a great weekend yourself. Your boys remind me a lot of my boys!! Very active and happy!!

mrs boo radley said...

Your boys are beautiful!

The Myers Family said...

AWW! Those are great pics Katie!
Love the one of one of the boys picking/smelling flowers.

Ok, so i love a great deal too! I have to tell you a fast story b/c your bargain shopping made me feel a ton better.

Story: my lawyer sister(who i am semi-close to NOW) is prego with her second child(little boy due oct 28th) and she also has Hannah bff allison(they are 3 months apart). Anyway, the other day i asked her if i could buy the baby used clothes b/c our buy sell is coming up and there are always TONS of really nice clothes and i've bought my girls a TON of clothes through my moms group...and in particular one lady that has twins that are 2 years older than my girls almost to the date. She was all weird and said she'd have to ask her hubby(which is just weird..why ask your hubby something like that)? Anyway, she came back with "absolutely NOT". WHAT? I was soo mad and embarassed...she almost said that i was WT b/c i buy my kids used clothes..i almost started crying i was soo mad. Then she said maybe it's a twin thing. I said well NO b/c i bought Hannah tons of clothes on ebay when she was young. She was so shocked! WHAT? Everyone i know buys used stuff...if i didn't we'd be BROKE! I don't understand...it's not always the money..it's just that it's saving college money for me. The less you spend NOW, while they don't know any different...the more you'll have for college for them. Aren't i RIGHT???

Ok i'm done now. Sorry soo long and sorry i haven't checked your blog lately..things have been CRAZY around here and my hubby got on me for taking my laptop to bed. OOPS! So now i have to do as much blogging as i can BEFORE bed! LOL! Glad ya'll are doing well...and i'm so glad you wrote about this..i feel better...not like i'm a horrible mom for buying used things.

BTW, she won't take any of MY used stuff(nice excellent used pac n play that she needs, nice exersaucer that i've been saving for her and nice high chair that she said she wanted MONTHS ago and i've kept it for her). Guess she's gonna be poor before allison gets to college b/c they can't make THAT much money! LOL! Sure hope WE don't have to pay for allisons college so she can have nice new clothes and my poor kids have nice used clothes! LOL!

Brenda

Lori said...

Wow! Awesome deals! I can't wait for our church consignment sale on Sept 20th. I'm going in for the preview on Thursday night too :).

Great pics, as always! LOVE THEM!

Linda said...

Way to go on the bargains!!!
I love the pic of their uncle whispering in his ear. Too cute!

debi9kids said...

OMGosh! Fantastic pictures! LOVE the whisperig one! ADORABLE!!! (just loving your new camera! You are getting some FABULOUS shots!!!!)
Love shopping at consignmet shops! You did GREAT! $81!!!! WOW!!!

BuckeyeBundle said...

yea, we've both had busy weeks huh? The consignment sale sounds fantastic. I can't wait until our area has their next huge one this fall! Now that the girls are here I have a better idea of what to buy for them. Last year when I was just pregnant, I had no idea what I would need. You got A LOT for a nominal price. So cool! Have a good rest of the weekend!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

love the pics katie, as always they are gorgeous!

tbonegrl said...

great deals, but NICE light on your pics! Those are lovely!

Elyse said...

Looks like the boys are staying entertained :)
~Elyse~

PaPa Cash said...

Do you ever receive my comments...???