Wednesday, June 25, 2008

2 days

that's all it takes for Ethan to start feeling bad again. I'm writing this post with tears in my eyes. My poor son just can't get over this crap! 2 days after finishing his antibiotics he starts to run a fever and pull at his ears AGAIN. I haven't even made him an appt with the ENT and the doctor said she can't really treat it with another round of antibiotics, so what do we do? I can't watch my son in any more pain. I picked him up from daycare and he was asleep on the couch, brought him home tried to eat some dinner and just decided to lay him back down. 30 minutes later up again screaming bloody murder. This is going to be a LONG night. I guess it could be worse, but I just hate to see him in pain. Thank goodness Andrew has been fine, I can't even imagine them both going through almost 2 months of this crap.

16 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh honey, i wish i could drive there right now and give you a big fat hug. i am so sorry that ethan is sick again. i feel awful for that poor little guy. i will be praying for him.

ps...thank you so much for your support in regards to the article. i t was so hard to write and i almost didn't post it because i feared it would be taken the wrong way. thank you for getting it. and thank you for being such a wonderful friend.

Liz said...

it is awful to see them sick. I hope Ethan gets over this--whatever it is. Hugs!

The Myers Family said...

OH Katie!

I'm soo sorry! POOR BABY! Can you maybe get some drops for his ears for now? The dr. should be able to prescribe some kind of drops to help numb the pain....i think. I feel soo bad for ya'll! I would call your after hours people and tell them you need something...there has to be something they can do for his pain! GOOD LUCK! Ya'll will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Brenda

Lori said...

OH NO!! I am so sorry Ethan is feeling bad again! That must be miserable for you and him :(. I hope he's feeling better soon. Maybe he'll surprise you all and sleep well tonight and wake up feeling great tomorrow. I will pray for him!

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh how awful, I am SOOO sorry! :(
There is just NOTHING worse than watching them hurt and feeling so helpless.

Hoping there is SOMETHING, ANYTHING that can be prescribed to ease the discomfort...head elevation occasionally helps for us when we have had ailments of the head/chest...just drainage-wise.

Keeping good thoughts for comfort and rest for you all.

Hang in there.
(My husband always said -- and stil says -- "They'll never remember; you'll never forget." In an odd way, it always made/makes me feel a little better.)

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Poor things!! I am SO sorry that ya'll are having to go through this. You and Ethan are in my prayers!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

I'm so sorry! Sick little ones just break my heart! Hoping he (and you) get some relief soon. Would tubes help? Could he be allergic to something?

Joelle Turner said...

Katie, I'm so sorry! I hate that you've had to go through this for so long -- and the boys, too! I'm praying for you guys. I hope you get answers and healing SOON!

Gwen Papp said...

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry. Is there any plan as to what to do next? How miserable for all of you.

BuckeyeBundle said...

Oh Katie.....I am thinking of you guys and wish I was closer so I could help.

Hoping and praying that all in the your household feel better by morning. :)

Katie said...

Oh, Katie, I am so sorry to hear that. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain. I will be praying and sending warm, healing vibes to you all. I am so sorry you all are going through this - poor Ethan and his ears. Hugs!

pyjammy pam said...

oh katie, i'm so sorry. poor little ethan, this just breaks my heart for him and for you! i hope he feels better very soon. :(

Elyse said...

Here is a HUG right now! Remember that you are the mom and you know what is best! By the way, has your doctor tried a different strand of antibiotics instead of the regular ones? Just curious. I sometimes need different ones to help.

Hope the ENT has answers soon! Feel better soon Mr. E!!!
~Elyse~

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Oh, Ethan! I hope he feels better soon. I know it is so stressful when they are sick!

The Synnott's said...

oh my gosh. this can not be happening. can you try and get inot an ENT fast? can the pedi talk to the ENT? i am so sorry that all this is going on. i hope he feels better soon

debi9kids said...

Oh Katie! My heart is breaking for you and your poor little guy!
I wish there was somehing could do to help.
I am so sorry and I hope things go well tomorrow.
((Hugs))