This is how I found Ethan last night after he fell asleep. Sleeping so soundly. Its been 90 degrees or hotter all week so the boys have been playing in diapers and sleeping in just a shirt. Around 6:45 this morning I heard horrible cries coming from the boys room. Once I got up and wiped the sleep from my eyes (6:45 is so early) I made my way to their room to find Ethan covered in poop. No one mentioned all these wonderful things when I was pregnant. The antibiotic he is taking can cause horrible diarrhea. He has also developed a yeast infection on his bottom so once he popped he was in a world of pain. I just feel so bad for him, it never seems to end. We got an anti fungal cream to rub on him so hopefully that does the trick.
Happy Friday and hope everyone has a nice weekend. We're going to have a HOT one.
14 comments:
Hope sweet Ethan feels better! We are in Houston for a graduation and wedding weekend-so I feel your pain for one HOT weekend!
~Elyse~
oh katie, i am so sorry you had to deal with so much poop. i am sure you remember james' incident a while ago so i know how much fun it isn't to clean it up. i hope that he is feeling better soon, poor little guy!
by the way, how are you feeling? any better?
We've been using cream on Summy's yeast rash for 3 weeks and can't seem to kick it...our poor guys! We've stayed rash free till now but this one is a doosie!
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry that happened - what a horrible mess! This may be unsolicited advice, but... do you give your boys probiotics? Many people I know are not familiar with it. Antibiotics are so hard on little bodies. They are good at killing "bad" bacteria but unfortunately, they kill the "good" bacteria right along with it! Probtiotics help replenish the good flora in the GI tract. I give my boys a product called BabyLife by Solaray. It's a powder that you can add to their milk, juice or food. You can find this product, or another one similar probably at your local health food store or in the natural section of nice grocery stores, or order online. The first time my boys were on antibiotics, I didn't start the probiotics until a few days later. They both had HORRIBLE diarrhea and diaper rash so bad it took 2 of us to hold them down to change them because they were in so much pain! Within a day of starting the probiotic, it improved. Hope this helps!
You are welcome. Anything for our precious babies! :)
thanks Karen...I might try those too!
I've heard of too many babies taking off diaper and smearing poop everywhere that I always make sure madison and jackson are always in a onesie. One friend's son even learned to unzip his footless sleeper to get his diaper off. She started putting it on backwards!
Aquaphor is my favorite for quickly getting rid of a rash.
Karen, thanks for that tip! I'll keep it in mind.
Omw, I hope he feels better soon. Poor baby :(
oh wow... no fun. i hop he feels better soon!!
OH NO! Poor baby! I hope Baby Ethan gets to feeling better soon! Yeah, antibiotics can do that to a baby...so does benadryl(for future reference). It can get really icky with antibiotics...but if he's teething...it can be even worse!
I hope he gets better soon...feed him some banannas(spelling) and some bread. Something to dry up his bowels!
Hope he gets to feelig better so ya'll can have a good weekend!
Brenda
Apparently Ethan & Will were busy doing the same thing. UGH!
Will was COVERED in poop this morning too (from his antibiotic too!)
Just gross! The whole room stunk for HOURS!
Hope everyone there gets to feeling better soon!
:) Debi
Oh poor Ethan! And poor Mommy, too, of course. He looks so sweet, sleeping. I must have hundreds of pictures of my girls sleeping, isn't it the cutest thing?
okay ewwww. I was thinking, oh what a sweet picture, how angelic he looks sleeping like that .. and then there was poop :)
Post a Comment