Monday, June 2, 2008

Sick again

I hate to say this, but the boys are sick again. When I took them in last week their Doctor said it was just a cold. Being their mom I knew it was something more and I should have spoke up but I didn't. Ethan fussed all night last night and Andrew woke up with a high temp. I called the pedi first thing in the am and got a 5:15 appt. for them. I can't miss anymore work. As soon as the Doctor saw them (different one than we usually see) he said they don't look good. He checked both of their ears really well and said Ethan had a nasty ear infection and would need a stronger antibiotic than before and Andrew had a bad sinus infection including a sore throat. This is exactly what I have right now and what I'm taking antibiotics for. I just want everyone to feel better. I almost cried in the room as I was speaking to the nurse. I hate to see my kids sick and not feeling well...I feel helpless. I hope this round of meds does the trick. The crazy thing is none of the other kids at daycare/school are sick. I guess my boys immune system isn't as strong yet. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers that we're on the mend.

10 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh no katie! i am so sorry to hear that the boys are sick again, poor little guys. i hope those meds kick in and in no time they are healthy again. let me know if you need anything. i can't do much from this far away, but if you want a virtual shoulder to cry on mine is available. take care of yourself and those precious boys of yours. hugs for you and kisses for a&e.

karen richardson said...

I am so sorry you're dealing with this. I know how concerning and stressful it is a mom to watch your 2 babies sick...it's horrible. And then to add the stress of a new job to the mix..ugh! Do you give your boys any acidophilus or probiotics? Hang in there and keep on lovin those boys. Thank goodness for mother's intuition!

The Myers Family said...

Oh NO! I'm so sorry katie! That is horrible! My girls are sick too...but just green snotty noses and kinda feeling blah. Sam just kinda laid around all day...i can't tell if it's b/c she's feeling bad or being lazy and just lounging! I hope they get to feeling better SOON!

I hate to say it...but i think it's just part of putting them in daycare/mdo. When Hannah started she was sick for a long time...then paul would get it b/c his body wasn't used to the germs either...then i'd get it. It was bad for a few months...now the girls are on that same road. I always feel so bad b/c our little neighbor friends want to come over and play and i have to tell them "NO, sorry, the girls are sick AGAIN". It's horrible..

I will say a little prayer for all ya'll tonight. I know it's so sad and stressful to see your babies sick...but sooner or later they'll become immune and not get so sick. Hannah doesn't get that sick anymore(knock on some wood b/c everytime i say that she gets sick..UGH).

P.S. i tagged you...you may have done this tag before...if you have no biggie...i just needed 5 blogging friends to tag! :)

Elyse said...

Hang in there and trust your instincts. You are a mom and if you think that there is something wrong than there probably is! You all are in my prayers and I hope their immune systems build soon.
~Elyse~

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Hey Katie! I hope that you will all feel better soon. Try and enlist some extra help so that you can get some rest. Hmm if only I took my own advice ;)

cat said...

Thinking of you - terrible when the little ones are sick - especially ear infections. Had our rounds of doctors and hopitals recently - not pleasant.

The Synnott's said...

i am so sorry that youe boys and you are sick. ican not imagine how you are all feeling. i am not looking forward to seeing both my boys sick

BuckeyeBundle said...

oh no! I hope you ALL feel better real soon.
**~~BIF, BAM, POOF!~~!!** Those are my thoughts and prayers being sent to GA on the express route! :)

Hope you all back to feeling well really quick

....sorry, I'm feeling a little nutty tonight....maybe since the girls slept longer last night and I'm hoping for a repeat tonight. :) take care!

debi9kids said...

Oh no! I am so sorry you are all sick again!
Poor mama! It is always so hard to have sick kids, esp. babies!
Hope the meds start to work fast and you all start to feel better soon!

Carter's Mommy said...

Awww Katie. I know how you feel. I hate feeling helpless with Carter. I always want him to feel good :)