Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Awards

My dear friend Rachael over at little bites of heaven awarded me the smile award yesterday. I felt so honored to receive this award. Rachael is a mommy to triplets, one boy and 2 girls and a "almost" teenage daughter. If we only lived closer together I know we would be inseparable.
My duty now is to grant this award to 5 blogger friends...


These are the rules:

1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator the babblings of mere

2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.

3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself

4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.

5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.

6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.

7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)

2. Must love one another

3. Must make mistakes

4. Must learn from others

5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world

6. Must love life

7. Must love kids


*this is really hard to pick just 5 friends so please don't be upset if I didn't pick you. I really appreciate all the comments and support from my blog family*

1. Courtney at order in the court because (her boys are just too cute and) I see a lot of myself in her. She always has something pleasant and sweet to say even if she is having a bad day (which we all have). I can tell from her posts and stories that she has a overwhelming love for her boys, family and husband. I've enjoyed getting to know Courtney and her adorable twosome.

2. Rachel at Irish Triplets Plus One is incredibly sweet and caring and has a HUGE heart. Her faith is something that I admire, she has been a great friend for going on 2 years. Even though we have never actually met in "real life" I feel like I've known her my entire life. We just hit it off from the beginning (back when I was more active on the nest). Rachel has an older son, twin boys and yes you guessed it by the name of her blog a baby girl on the way. Her twin boys will be 14 months old when she makes her grand appearance.

3. Brenda at The Myers Family always has something to say and her blog keeps me coming back for more and more. She has an adorable almost 4 year old daughter and twin girls a few weeks younger than my boys. We've been saying how much fun it would be to get our twins together. Brenda is so kind and just leaves the sweetest comments on my blog. I see her around the blog world commenting, she is always so positive and uplifting. I look forward to reading her blog each day.

4. Sara at Twice As Nice has a 6 year old son and newborn twin girls. I have enjoyed watching those baby girls grow in their mommy's tummy and have enjoyed watching them grow on the outside. Sara and I know each other from the nest. I have made some lifetime friends from that website. I think about Sara a lot, I remember how hard those first few months were with newborn twins. I don't know how she posts as much as she does...I was a zombie when my boys were that small. Sara and I share the same birthday, so we have quite a lot in common. Sara is a wonderful mom and you can tell through her writing she loves her family very much!

5. Karen at Doubly Blessed has the cutest twin boys. I came across her blog and have been addicted ever sense. I love seeing where my boys will be in a few months. Karen has the best posts about her "family food faves" I'm a horrible cook and she gives me the inspiration to get in the kitchen. I can tell Karen really loves her life and famaily. I look forward to getting to know Karen more and watch her precious boys grow up.

6 comments:

Rachel AKA Pixie4199 said...

OMG! Katie!! I am soooo very honored. You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much!!!!! I was just about ready to go to bed and saw this...made my DAY!

XOXOXOXO
Your Jersey Girl!

The Myers Family said...

AW! Thanks Katie! I'll work on my award tonight or tomorrow for sure. I've been takng my computer to bed at night...but my hubby thinks i'm a bit obsessed since i've been blogging more at night b/c the days have been so busy with dr's appts and party planning! LOL! I wonder if they have a bloggers annoymous meeting somewhere in blog world? LOL!

Thanks again Katie!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so glad you liked your award :) it was so, so, so hard to pick only 5 people wasn't it? i wanted to pick at least 25...

Sara said...

Katie!! I have tears in my eyes right now as I type this and it's not just about hormones this time. I feel the same about you; even though we don't know each other "in real life" I consider you a great friend.
((hugs))

Thank you for making my day.
Sara

Elyse said...

Glad you got an award you deserve one!!! All the encouraging that you do really helps too!
~Elyse~

karen richardson said...

How cool. I've never received a blogging award before. This is all very new to me! Thank you for the award - so thoughtful of you!

Thank you for the kind words you shared about me and my family. Blogging has brought so many special people into my life - I never imagined it would reach so many people. Connecting with twin mommies like you has been extra special. I have enjoyed following your family happenings over the past few months as well.

I am scrambeling to get packed for another road trip tomorrow. I'll work on the award when I return home! Thanks again!