Saturday, July 19, 2008

grammy and papa

my parents surprised us tonight by stopping by with dinner and some yummy watermelon. we never even got dressed today, just hung out in our pj's, it was nice and doesn't happen very often.

DSC_0030 DSC_0037 

then we decided to let the boys try out their new markers, what a mess they made and poor Andrew got really upset when he finally realized his hands were completely blue.

 DSC_0056 DSC_0058DSC_0072DSC_0073

let the meltdown begin...

DSC_0081DSC_0082

DSC_0084 DSC_0088

what a fun night, thanks mom and dad for coming over to keep us company.

14 comments:

Karen said...

hahaha What a cute little Smurf!

We had watermelon tonight, too. Kate didn't like it, though. Surely she will later, though--I love watermelon!

debi9kids said...

Ok, I know I shouldn't be giggling, but those last pictures were so sad they were silly. Poor guy!
That sounded like such a wonderfully relaxing day!

Elyse said...

I think the markers are more on the mouth and arms as well as the hands! They are so cute when they are mad/upset though! Guess they got LOTS of lovin' tonight.

Also-do you not just LOVE fresh, summer watermelon???
Have a great rest of the weekend!
~Elyse~

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

how fun! i always love surprise visits like that, but i love pj days even more. although in the past year i have had a few too many of those :) i cannot believe HOW blue he got...i would have cried too!

Joelle Turner said...

Awww, Andrew would make a cute smurf! And a lazy, pj day, what fun! Your pictures look awesome by the way!

Sara said...

I love the progression of his meltdown. Poor Andrew. How great that you captured it!

Cheryl Lage said...

Give it time! Before you know it they will take great delight in being blue...via Slurpee, sidewalk chalk, markers, any means possible!

The moments you caught are priceless!

The Synnott's said...

oh i just love it! thats great...

Gwen Papp said...

Oh, poor Andrew. That's some serious blue. Did it come off? We got the girls some tub crayons that look the same as those markers. They're fun, but messy. :)

Sheena/H2Mommy said...

That is just precious!!! Poor little guy.

The Myers Family said...

I love PJ DAYS! I wish i had more of those!!

Those Crayola markers for 12+ months are not fun. I need to do a review on craft stuff for kids. I bought some of those markers...they just dripped out color everywhere...i can't believe crayola came out with those. there is just way to much color that drips.. I gave them to the girls for two seconds and took them away. The baby crayons are just as bad because they just bite the pointy tip right off. I've learned to just use regular crayons and regular markers...they actually work better..as long as they are non-toxic and washable! I also love the washable finger paints..my girls like those.

Poor babies...but they pics are great! The boys are soo cute, smiling or not. My girls were the exact same way...

Everytime i see your awesome pics..i feel the need to get a new camera soon...i've had enough of my old clunker.

Lindsi B said...

OMG! I love the pics with the markers...they're priceless! I LOVE your blog! It always makes me smile and reassures me we will MAKE it through the first year =)

Tonya Staab said...

ha ha. So cute. We love those markers .. I mean the kids loves those markers too.

I've been in my pj's all day watching movies with the kids. So fun.

Lisa said...

That IKEA table and chairs look so familiar! I love that table and chairs and so do the boys, it is so easy to clean too.
And those markers, the round ones that are supposed to be easy for them to palm - terrible! Jack and Quent just made an awful mess all over themselves trying to figure out that you need to flip them over to use them. Just too messy, we stopped using them.
Too cute that Andrew was so sad about being all blue, a boy after my own super-clean heart :)